HIV Self-Test Kit
HIV self-test kits are available for free to any mailing address in Alaska. Tests are shipped directly and discreetly to you.
The OraQuick® HIV self-test provides results in 20 minutes and uses a mouth swab to test for your body’s response to fighting the HIV virus. No blood required.
A member of the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Early Intervention Services team will follow-up with you regarding your results and to ask additional funder requested questions. The information provided to the funder is non-identifiable and will help us continue offering this free service. We appreciate your participation.
Please read the product guidelines from OraQuick® and visit the their website for additional information:
- You must be 17 or older to use this test.
- If you’re HIV positive, or are on treatment or preventive treatment for HIV, the OraQuick® test is not meant for you.
- If you’ve participated in an HIV vaccine clinical trial, you may get a positive result using this test, but it may not mean that you are infected with HIV. You should seek follow-up with the research group.
- Injection-drug use
- People who exchange sex for money or drugs
- Sex partners of people with HIV
- Sexually active men who have sex with men
- Heterosexuals who themselves or whose sex partners have had ≥1 sex partner since their most recent HIV test
- People receiving treatment for hepatitis, tuberculosis or a sexually transmitted disease
- People who themselves or their sex partner(s) have been diagnosed with any STIs