HIV Self-test Kit
HIV self-test kits are available for free to any mailing address in Alaska. Tests are shipped directly and discreetly to you. It’s the comfort of knowing, regardless of your access to care.
A member of the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Early Intervention Services team will follow-up with you regarding your results and to ask additional funder requested questions. The information provided to the funder is non-identifiable and will help us continue offering this free service. We appreciate your participation.
Please see the following important product guidelines from OraQuick® and visit the their website for additional information:
- You must be 17 or older to use this test.
- If you’re HIV positive, or are on treatment or preventive treatment for HIV, the OraQuick® test is not meant for you.
- If you’ve participated in an HIV vaccine clinical trial, you may get a positive result using this test, but it may not mean that you are infected with HIV. You should seek follow-up with the research group.
- Injection-drug use
- People who exchange sex for money or drugs
- Sex partners of people with HIV
- Sexually active men who have sex with men
- Heterosexuals who themselves or whose sex partners have had ≥1 sex partner since their most recent HIV test
- People receiving treatment for hepatitis, tuberculosis or a sexually transmitted disease
- People who themselves or their sex partner(s) have been diagnosed with any STIs