Drug and alcohol data is constantly being collected and updated. Thankfully there are great resources at both a national and state level that provide comprehensive data regarding alcohol and drug use in Alaska Natives and non-Native Alaskan residents.
Please visit the following sites to access the most current data for Alaska and the United States.
State Data – Alaska
State of Alaska: http://ibis.dhss.alaska.gov/
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium: http://anthctoday.org/epicenter/healthdata.html
- Alaska Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS): http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Chronic/Pages/yrbs/default.aspx
National Data – United States
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/datastatistics/index.html
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): https://datashare.nida.nih.gov/
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): https://www.samhsa.gov/data/
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH): https://www.datafiles.samhsa.gov/study-series/national-survey-drug-use-and-health-nsduh-nid13517